We want you to have a safe and secure home free from damp and mould.
There are lots of reasons why damp and mould could occur in homes. These include:
- too much moisture in the air
- faults with plumbing and ventilation
- deep-seated problems with a building.
If you think you have damp or mould
If you think you may have damp or mould in your home, get in touch so we can help.
If you bought your home through our shared ownership scheme, please contact our Customer Access Team, who will be able check your lease agreement and confirm your and JRHT’s responsibilities on damp and mould.
What to expect once you've reported damp or mould
Once you’ve made a report, the following steps will be taken:
- We will book an appointment for a surveyor to visit your home.
- During the visit, the surveyor will carry out an initial assessment.
- Depending on the issue, this may include tests for dampness, humidity and temperature. It may also include checking loft and wall insulation.
- If needed, the surveyor will raise requests for any work required to help solve the issue.
- The work will be carried out by either our operatives or a contractor working on our behalf.
- At the first visit the surveyor will book an appointment to return in 3 months to check that the work is helping to resolve the problem.
- If the problem persists, we’ll do further investigation and work.