Our approach to care
Our care services are informed by the collective power of our residents and staff and underpinned by the latest research and policy insight from the Joseph Rowntree Foundation (JRF). Our person-centred approach means that services are tailored to the individual according to their needs, offering everything from a little bit of home help to 24-hour nursing care.
We are proud of our care provision, which is amongst the lowest-cost service offered by social landlords in the UK, and continually strive for quality improvement.
Retirement Living care
Our Retirement Living care services provide extra care in stimulating environments in which older people may live wholly independently and receive support at a level that might previously have only been available in a residential or nursing home. It is a relatively new housing concept, with many benefits, including:
- receiving care or support in the comfort and privacy of your own home;
- maintained independence and control;
- choice and flexibility in accessing care services;
- housing design features that are suitable for changing needs;
- opportunity for social interaction;
- availability of communal facilities including restaurants, lounges, health suites, activity rooms and libraries.
These extra care services are available in our retirement living communities in Leeds, Hartlepool, York and Scarborough.
Read more about each community, including how to arrange a visit or request an information pack. If you have any queries about our care services, including information about vacancies, please contact our marketing team on 01904 752234 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and they will be happy to help you.