Quaker Close, Scarborough

Quaker Close is a small Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust community of high quality bungalows for the over 60s in a woodland area close to Scarborough.

Location

Location

Quaker Close is located in a woodland area just off the main Scarborough to Whitby road, close to Scarborough Hospital and about one mile from the coastal town centre. The postcode is YO12 5QZ.

Properties

Properties

The Quaker Close community has six self-contained two-bedroom bungalows each with warm-air gas-fired central heating and double glazed windows, which are designed to enable residents to live independently within a safe, inclusive environment. Purchasers acquire a 75% interest in the value of a property, with us retaining the remaining 25% through our shared ownership scheme.

Communal facilities and services

Communal facilities and services

The bungalows are linked via an intercom system to the central warden care service run by Scarborough Borough Council which provides a 24 hour emergency service. Residents can also be visited daily or weekly as requested by a scheme manager. There is a monthly charge for these services plus the maintenance of communal areas.

Find out more

To find out more about living in Quaker Close, read our resources for residents, contact us& or view our homes.