Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance
Following the Government announcement on 16 March, we have taken the following measures to protect the health and wellbeing of our residents and staff:
1. All of our care homes are closed to all visitors including family members, friends, and volunteers.
2. All restaurants and cafes are closed to members of the public, including the restaurant at Plaxton Court.
3. The gym facilities are closed to all residents until further notice.
For further information and updates as they occur please check our latest guidance.
About the community
Plaxton Court enables people aged 55 plus to live in their own home, within a vibrant and active community. Its aim is to promote independence and choice, so that each individual can live the life they choose.
Where is it?
Plaxton Court is less than two miles from the centre of Scarborough. This makes it handy for accessing the town’s many facilities and the promenade. Set in its own grounds, it enjoys an idyllic position. It has panoramic views over the local countryside and out to the Scarborough coastline.
Can I visit?
Yes, visitors are very welcome. It is advisable to telephone beforehand so that we can ensure that a member of staff is available. They will give you a tour and answer any questions you might have.
To arrange a visit, call 01723 340290 or email [email protected].
Coronavirus (Covid-19) guidance: If you are planning to visit family or friends within one of our care sites, please see our latest guidance
Request an information pack
To request an information pack, and for information on vacancies and charges, call 01723 340290 or email [email protected]
Properties at Plaxton are spacious and modern with a high-quality finish. All properties are built to a national Lifetime Homes standard. This means they are fully wheelchair accessible and can easily accommodate aids and adaptations. Each home is also fitted with an emergency call system.
- Apartments – 53 one- and two-bedroom apartments in a variety of sizes. All are en-suite and have a French door leading to a balcony or patio.
- Cottages – 16 three-bedroom cottages. Each has a private garden and ground-floor master bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
Plaxton Court has an impressive range of communal facilities, including:
- restaurant with coffee bar
- hair salon
- small shop
- therapy room
- multi-purpose room.
Wi-Fi is available in some communal areas.
Activities and events take place on a regular basis.
Care and support
Care and support is delivered as part of a personal care plan, or as required. A dedicated care and support team offers a comprehensive range of services, including:
- home help
- personal care (often referred to as domiciliary care)
- diet and nutrition advice
- exercise programmes and social participation.
Plaxton Court is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to provide personal care. This means it is subject to regulatory inspections. Details of the most recent inspection reports can be found by clicking on the CQC website link on this page.
Our services are relationship-centred, which means they focus on the importance of positive relationships between older people, relatives and staff. We take time to find out what is important to each individual. This helps us provide them with services that best meet their needs.
Address: Plaxton Court, Woodlands Drive, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO12 6QT. Telephone 01723 340290.
Registered Manager: Lynn Spoors
General Manager: Amanda Sedgwick