Lea Field Court is located on the edge of the village of Huntington (YO32 9LJ) with excellent transport links to York, which is just 3km to the East.
Lea Field Court is a small, mixed income/mixed tenure development. There are four homes for rent; six two-bedroom homes for shared ownership; and three two-and-three-bedroom homes for outright sale. The properties comply with Lifetime Homes Standards. They are Secure by Design and Code for Sustainable Homes Certified. They offer generous living spaces with large windows to maximise daylight. They have natural ventilation by having a south facing orientation wherever possible.
Energy saving features include:
- high levels of thermal insulation;
- high levels of air tightness;
- high performance UPVC double gazed windows;
- 'A' rated white goods;
- highly energy efficient gas condensing combination boiler;
- significant level of photovoltaic cells to generate electricity;
- whole house mechanical ventilation heat recovery and extract system;
- recycling facilities;
- rain water harvesting;
- garden water butt;
- garden shed;
- drying facilities;
- compost bin
All properties have a garden and one allocated parking space. Visitor parking spaces are also available.
There is a monthly service charge, payable to Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust. It covers:
- Communal landscaping.
- Maintenance of visitor parking.
- Buildings insurance.
- Management and the upkeep of the natural habitat area.