Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance
Following the Government announcement on 16 March, we have taken the following measures to protect the health and wellbeing of our residents and staff:
1. All of our care homes are closed to all visitors including family members, friends, and volunteers.
2. All restaurants and cafes are closed to members of the public, including the restaurant at Hartfields.
3. The gym and spa pool are closed to all residents until further notice.
For further information and updates as they occur please check our latest guidance.
About the community
Hartfields is a vibrant and active community of over 300 people. It has been designed to promote independence and choice. It is suitable for people who require care and support. It is also for those who wish to plan ahead for the future.
Where is it?
Hartfields is situated in Bishop Cuthbert, a popular residential area on the outskirts of Hartlepool.
Can I visit?
Yes, visitors are very welcome. It is advisable to telephone beforehand so that we can ensure that a member of staff is available. They will give you a tour and answer any questions you might have.
To arrange a visit, call 01429 855070 or email [email protected]
Coronavirus (Covid-19) guidance: If you are planning to visit family or friends within one of our care sites, please see our latest guidance
Request an information pack
To request an information pack, and for information on vacancies and charges, call 01429 855070 or email [email protected]
Properties at Hartfields are spacious and modern, with a high-quality finish. All properties are built to a standard called Lifetime Homes. This means they are fully wheelchair accessible and can easily accommodate aids and adaptations. Each home is fitted with an emergency call system.
- apartments – with a choice of one or two bedrooms; all apartments are en-suite.
- cottages – with two bedrooms. Each has a private garden and ground-floor en-suite master bedroom.
Hartfields has an impressive range of communal facilities including:
- restaurant with licensed bar
- coffee shop
- gym and spa pool
- hair salon
- convenience store
- activity rooms
Wi-Fi access is available in some communal areas.
Activities and events take place on a regular basis.
Care and support
Care and support is available 24 hours, seven days a week, as part of a personal care plan, or as required. A dedicated care and support team offers a comprehensive range of services, including:
- home help, assistance with cleaning, food preparation shopping and medication prompts
- personal care, support with dressing, bathing and eating
- diet and nutrition advice
- exercise programmes and social participation.
Hartfields is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to provide personal care. This means that it is subject to regulatory inspections. Details of the most recent inspection reports can be found by clicking on the CQC website link on this page.
Our services are relationship-centred, which means they focus on the importance of positive relationships between older people, relatives and staff. We take time to find out what is important to each individual. This helps us to provide them with services that best meet their needs.
Address: Hartfields Retirement Village, Bishop Cuthbert, Hartlepool, TS26 0US. Telephone 01429 855070.
General Manager: Charlotte Hope
Registered Manager (for care): Lynne Lee