If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Data Protection Officer
The Joseph Rowntree Foundation
40 Water End
York YO30 6WP
Tel: +44 (0)1904 629241
The JRHT collects the following information regarding visitors to our website: IP address, pages accessed, date, time and further information volunteered by you. The JRHT will analyse website data to regularly improve the value of the materials available online.
Many people worry that cookies threaten individuals' privacy and might affect their own computers' functioning. While they can be used in all kinds of ways by server-based applications, they pose no risk to you as a user. Cookies used by the JRHT website cannot be used to obtain information about your system or to add you to any mailing lists. They are used to make browsing more efficient and to enable analysis of website traffic. If you have disabled cookies on your computer access to other areas of the site may be restricted.
Access to your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information the JRF/JRHT holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge a fee for information requests.) Please address requests to the Data Protection Officer (see above).
Data Protection: Subject Access Policy
- It is JRF / JRHT's policy to ensure that all Subject Access Requests are acknowledged in 5 working days. At the time of acknowledgement, individuals will be asked to complete a Subject Access Request form.
- As JRF / JRHT have a commitment to providing value for money, the organisation will charge the maximum permitted by law – currently £10 per Subject Access Request.
- Individuals will be required to provide proof of identity and residence before information may be disclosed. This is to prevent a breach of the Act by unauthorised disclosure to third parties.
- Where a request is made by an agent on behalf of an individual, a request will only be fulfilled where the agent can provide proof of authority to act on the individual's behalf.
- We will provide Subject Access Request Forms to assist an individual in making a request.
- All requests will be dealt with within the timeframe set by the Information Commissioner (40 calendar days) from receipt of £10 and proof of identity.