JRHT recognises that certain groups and individuals can be discriminated against unfairly. Our diversity policy is intended to ensure discrimination cannot happen, by ensuring equality of opportunity across our services and in our work with partners.
Our leaflet sets out how the diversity policy works and includes:
- an explanation of who equality of opportunity applies to and why
- how we develop new homes to ensure equality of opportunity
- details of our housing and housing services
- how we encourage the involvement of residents
- our diversity policies for employees and contractors, consultants and other agents who work with JRHT
- our commitment to working with organisations and voluntary groups who have special skills and experience in diversity and the needs of under-represented groups.