We are looking to appoint two tenants to the JRHT Board. The board members will serve for an initial term of three years which can be extended for a further two terms.
The successful tenants will play an important role acting as stewards of Joseph Rowntree’s vision, legacy, values and principles and shape how these are put into action today.
Terrie Alafat, Chair said “I believe that having a diverse Board, in which members bring different skills and experiences will help us make better decisions for residents. That’s why I am excited about the prospect of having two of our tenants on the Board, because as well as the skills they will bring they will also offer a direct experience of living in one of our homes and neighbourhoods.”
As part of the role, you will:
- Provide leadership of JRHT within a framework of prudent and effective controls which enable risk to be assessed and managed
- Act as a guardian of the organisation, ensuring it acts in accordance with its vision and values, rules and the relevant legal and regulatory frameworks
- Set JRHT’s strategic direction, ensuring that the necessary financial and human resources are in place for it to meet its objectives
- Monitor organisational performance in relation to budgets, plans, controls and decisions
- Bring your experience into discussions to help inform others
We understand that this may be the first time you have been a board member. Therefore, we will be offering a range of training and support to make sure you feel confident in the role.
The support offered will depend on the relevant need which could be: mentoring from an existing Board Member, access to relevant training sessions from specialist organisations, such as TPAS, the National Housing Federation and the Housing Diversity Network, links into networks of tenant board members from other organisations and meetings with senior staff members before and after Board meetings to talk through the papers.
To find out more – please view the recruitment pack
To arrange an informal chat about the role, please contact Matt Lewer, Service Transformation Lead, via email email@example.com. Matt will be happy to arrange a face to face meeting, virtual call or call by phone, whichever you would prefer.
Closing date – 17 September 2023
Please note: To apply for this role, you must be a current tenant of JRHT i.e you rent a home from us. Following resident consultation, we are not inviting applications from non-tenants.