Development

Share

JRHTs Development team are committed to delivering 1,000 new affordable homes between 2019 and 2029 which will make a significant contribution to redress the affordable homes crisis both locally and nationally.

Development Strategy

In November 2019 JRHT Board approved the latest 10 year development strategy for the organisation.

Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust (JRHT) continues to promote its founder’s legacy to tackle poverty. A vital part of our approach is to build genuinely, affordable homes. Our focus is on providing decent homes within our communities including York and the surrounding areas. We are committed to delivering 1,000 new affordable homes between 2019 and 2029 which will make a significant contribution to redress the affordable homes crisis both locally and nationally.

Our focus will be to provide 2 and 3 bedroom family houses which is the main priority need in York and the surrounding areas however we will also look at apartments in the centre of York where there remains a high demand from single people and couples.

To ensure these remain genuinely affordable 60% of the 1,000 homes will be for Social Rent and to provide for those who aspire to buy their own home the other 40% will be built for Shared Ownership.

  • All our homes will be designed to a high standard
  • We have produced our own standard specification
  • We will build to the prescribed National Space Standards
  • We will produce schemes which meet the principles of Secure by Design
  • We will continue to review opportunities to adopt Modern Methods of Construction.
  • Whether we build for rent or shared ownership all our properties will be tenure blind build to the same design and specification.
  • We will continue to embrace innovation and new technology
  • We are committed to being diverse and inclusive.
  • We will continue to build homes to meet peoples changing needs.

The delivery of the 1,000 homes is overseen by our Development Sub-Committee which meets bi-monthly and whose purpose is to provide challenge, support and rigour in relation to the delivery of the development strategy.

Future Development Opportunities

If you identify any areas for potential future developments we would love to hear from you. Please email [email protected]