Message about current situation with services
The level of local infection rates continues to rise across many of the communities JRHT works in. Like many other organisations, this has led to an increased number of staff being required to self-isolate after receiving notifications from the NHS. Currently we are still able to run all services, some with slight changes and this will be kept under continuous review.
The information set out below will be kept up to date with the current status of all services.
Although we are still running all services – it may take us a little longer to deal with enquiries and repairs. We would be grateful if residents could continue to be patient as our teams work hard to deal with enquiries as quickly as possible.
As of the 30 July, we are pleased to confirm that we can provide these services:
For current residents
- Regular, pre-arranged meaningful visits between nominated persons and each of our care residents (subject to visitors agreeing to take a rapid lateral flow test on the day of every visit and to the wearing of PPE - contact the site directly for details)
- From 21 June residents will be able to spend time away from their care home with family and friends including overnight visits, this means that families will be able to spend more time together. Where appropriate based on individual assessment families and residents can nominate an ‘essential care giver’ to provide additional support during visits This is the latest cautious step taken to restore care home visits to as close to normality as possible
- A full repair, modernisation and compliance service including gas servicing and electrical testing
- Access to children’s play areas (subject to official advice on operating safely)
- Landscaping services
- Money, benefits and debt advice telephone support
- Phone line for general enquiries, reporting a repair and making rent payments
- Hairdressing services
- Socially distanced indoor gym activity
- Hartfields shop and library
- Support for residents and community groups to meet virtually
- Meal delivery options from the restaurants and coffee shops (contact the site directly for details)
- Indoor table services at restaurants in Plaxton Court and Hartrigg Oaks. Indoor self-service at Hartfields.
- Bar at Hartfields is open indoors – please contact reception (01429 855070) for opening hours and more information
- Guest rooms can be booked for Hartfields and New Lodge.
- Some Face-to-face resident meetings and resident community activities, where these can be achieved in line with government restrictions.
- Scheme visits and area walkabouts with JRHT and residents, to check how things are being maintained in their communities, in line with government restrictions.
- Scheme champion visits with residents, in line with government restrictions
- Communal lounges at sheltered schemes re-opened
- Music Room, Arts and Crafts Room and Workshop (Hartrigg Oaks)
For prospective residents
- Allocation of homes
- Work on empty properties
- Viewings and lettings of extra care properties
- Managed admissions into residential and nursing care. Community admissions to care homes will no longer be required to isolate for 14 days on admission to the care home, however there will be additional PCR testing required. High risk admissions, including those admissions from hospital will still be required to isolate for 14 days on admission to the care home.
For the wider community
- Access to parks (please observe the rules on outdoor gatherings)
- The Post Office service within the Folk Hall (New Earswick)
- Explore Library services at the Folk Hall
- Takeaway service only at our Folk Hall café from 07 July.
- Room bookings within the Folk Hall for permitted activities (subject to risk assessments by group organisers/activity leads)
- Outdoor gym facilities at the Homestead Park and the Trim Trail equipment at Derwenthorpe Suspended services
- Indoor table service at our Folk Hall Cafe from 07 July.
We will continuously review these services and activities to ensure that we can run them safely whilst always considering the latest government guidance, local infections rates as well as the safety and security of our staff.