Update - Thursday 11th June
Our approach to re-starting services will be cautious and will be delivered in a phased way. As many of JRHT’s services work closely with vulnerable people, we will be remaining at a high state of alert until the current risks subside.
- We have resumed works on our empty homes (excluding those in care homes, extra care and sheltered schemes) so that they can be allocated to families in need of affordable housing
- We are encouraging sales enquiries, including facilitating some virtual viewings.
- We are conducting limited viewings of empty properties in some of our extra care services
Here's what we are doing
These facilities remain open:
The Folk Hall Post Office in New Earswick remains open. Please check our Folk Hall page for any changes.
Homestead Park is open to the public between 10:00 – 17:00 every day, but the playground, toilets and car park remain closed.
Paying your rent
This is a concerning time for residents who may face financial uncertainty. The Government has taken steps to help people financially but if you’re struggling to pay your rent our money, benefits and debt advice page has the most up-to-date advice, or please phone us on 0800 5872011, and we can discuss the best way to support you. Keep yourself and others safe by minimising human contact when you pay your rent, the best ways to do this are:
- Direct Debit or Standing Order,
- Online payment at www.allpayments.net. You will need your ALLPAY card to make a payment,
- By phoning our Customer Services Team on 0800 5870211.
Emergency repairs and gas safety
We continue to carry out essential gas servicing and emergency repairs. Our customer services team will contact you if your gas servicing appointment is due. We would ask that, wherever possible, residents enable our staff to conduct these essential safety checks. We have put in place measures to protect our residents and staff whilst this is done.
Status of other services
JRHT Care Services
We are fully compliant with the latest Public Health England guidance, continue to monitor it closely, and will do absolutely everything necessary to protect our residents and staff through this difficult time:
- JRHT care homes remain closed to non-essential visitors, apart from medical staff and essential health & wellbeing visits, including family visits in exceptional circumstances.
- JRHT extra care sites are also limiting the number of non-essential visitors to minimise the risk to our residents in order to mitigate risks that could affect communal areas.
Other sites and facilities that remain closed:
- Our office at The Garth in New Earswick is closed and where possible staff are working from their homes.
- Community spaces and communal areas across our sheltered accommodation sites.
- Restaurants, shops, coffee shops and bars at all our care homes and extra care sites.
- All JRHT playgrounds which can be locked to the public.
- In York, the Derwenthorpe Super Sustainable Centre and the New Earswick Folk Hall are both closed to the public until further notice.
We’ve changed the way we deliver the following services:
- Many of our landscaping staff have been redeployed to support our Care Services; we therefore have a limited landscape service.