Work I am currently doing across our communities includes:
- residents' money and benefit advice, advising on arrears and debts
- managing the JRHT affordable loan scheme
- assisting residents with the job search process and implementing the new MyWorkSearch software
- planning and preparing for the full roll-out of Universal Credit
- arranging resident outreaches throughout all JRHT schemes
- raising awareness of financial products and services to enable residents to be better informed and to avoid the risk of scams
- reviewing our rent arrears letters and process to ensure earlier resident engagement
- providing digital inclusion training around using the internet to improve residents' financial well-being
- raising awareness of the Money Smart scheme to both residents and staff.
Residents can ask me anything about money, debts, finance, employment, benefits, financial products and services.
The thing I most enjoy about my role is achieving positive outcomes for residents and staff, and informing people about financial products and services that can improve their financial and mental well-being.
Before I joined JRHT, I was the Money Advice Service Funded Debt Advice Project (MASDAP) debt case worker for the York CAB for nine years. I have also worked for a local authority social services finance department, and worked for the Co-operative Bank for 13 years. I am a member of the Institute of Money Advisers and have recently passed the CMI level 3 award in first line management.