I lead JRHT's housing and communities services, including:
- neighbourhood services
- sheltered housing
- extra care at Hartfields in Hartlepool
- community development and resident engagement, including the use of our community assets
- customer services, service improvement and performance
- property maintenance, modernisation and improvement
- maintenance and development of our green spaces and parks.
I enjoy working with our communities and residents to ensure that their homes and environments are safe, warm, affordable and good quality, to support their broader health and well-being. I also value the unique opportunity to work with JRF colleagues on a plan to solve poverty in our communities and in the UK.
I am an environmental health officer by profession, but have specialised in housing for most of my career to date. I have led operational teams for housing enforcement, housing management financial assistance, housing options and homelessness services, sheltered housing, housing regeneration, resident involvement, and performance and programme management. In addition,I have led on policy and strategy development and worked in partnerships with other organisations to ensure that people can get the maximum health benefits from good, safe, affordable housing.