I lead JRHT's housing and communities services, including:
- neighbourhood services
- sheltered housing
- extra care at Hartfields in Hartlepool
- community development and resident engagement, including the use of our community assets
- customer services, service improvement and performance
- property maintenance, modernisation and improvement
- maintenance and development of our green spaces and parks.
I enjoy working with our communities and residents. I enjoy ensuring their homes and environments are safe, warm, affordable and good quality. This supports their broader health and well-being. I value the opportunity to work with colleagues to solve poverty in our communities and the UK.
I am an environmental health officer by profession, but have specialised in housing for most of my career. I have led operational teams for:
- housing enforcement
- housing management financial assistance
- housing options and homelessness services
- sheltered housing, housing regeneration
- resident involvement
- performance and programme management.
I have led on policy and strategy development. I have worked in partnerships with other organisations to ensure people get maximum health benefits from good, safe, affordable housing.