A mix of shared ownership and rental options, New Lodge is ideal for couples and individuals looking for a comfortable, high quality and contemporary new home in an existing, vibrant and diverse community. With the benefit of minimal maintenance worries, together with flexible care and support when it’s needed.
New Lodge is located just behind the beautiful and historic New Earswick Folk Hall. Set in landscaped grounds with ample parking, our apartments offer spacious kitchens, bathrooms with walk-in showers and flexible, well designed living areas, many with outdoor space or balconies. All apartments and care accommodation offer fast Internet connection and video entry.
Designed with your future in mind
New Lodge offers 105 one and two bedroom Extra Care Apartments. These carefully, well designed and flexible spaces mean you can live independently and safely, with the peace of mind that you can stay in your home even if your needs change.
Care when you need it
Helping you stay comfortable and secure, New Lodge also includes a 45-bed residential care home offering spacious bed/sitting rooms, well appointed wet rooms and dedicated care call systems.
Our registered care home offers its residents superb on-site facilities, including: guest room, communal dining area, hairdressers, laundry and communal lounge, all giving you the opportunity to enjoy the company of family, friends and other residents.
Lovely homes in a vibrant community
There’s lots going on in New Earswick and, as a resident of New Lodge, you can enjoy as active and independent a lifestyle as you wish. In addition to the high quality accommodation in New Lodge you will have the opportunity to enjoy and take part in a wide range of activities.
Connected by a covered walk way through landscaped grounds, you will also enjoy easy access to the Folk Hall, the hub of New Earswick village, where you will find a café and eatery, library, Post Office and a wide range of clubs, events and activities throughout the year. This may be the regular film club nights, yoga, choirs, crafts, book club, keep fit and GP surgery. Not forgetting a dip in the adjacent swimming pool. And, that’s not all…
More to do, see and enjoy...
The garden village of New Earswick sits a few miles north of the centre of York, the beautiful and historic capital of the North. A thriving community of all ages, since its creation by Joseph Rowntree in 1904, New Earswick has kept its emphasis on green spaces and you’ll find a Designated Educational Nature Reserve and allotments close by. New Lodge also brings improvements in the wider village, including new public spaces for play, leisure and sport.
The River Foss runs alongside the village offering a picturesque walk into the centre of York. One of the UK’s best-loved destinations, York offers a wealth of year-round activities and interest, from York Minster and Theatre Royal to racing at the Knavesmire. Take your pick of world-class museums, galleries, top class restaurants, seasonal festivals, bustling daily markets, unique heritage and culture, all just a short bus ride away.
Regular bus services connect the village to the city and shopping centres at Clifton Moor and Monks Cross, which offer spacious and varied out-to-town shopping.
Now is the time to make the right move...
Our independent living apartments offer a wealth of high quality features, including:
- Quality fitted kitchens with ceramic hob, extractor fan and accessible mid-height integrated ovens.
- Gas fired communal heating, with thermostatically controlled, low surface temperature radiators connected to a Nest Learning Thermostat to maintain optimum warmth and reduce bills.
- Combined video display and intercom door entry systems.
- Double glazed windows with trickle vents.
- Telephone and TV aerial points in both lounge and bedroom(s).
- Slip resistant flooring in bathrooms and kitchens.
- Level access showers.
- Mains connected smoke and heat detectors.
- Spacious balconies or patios to some apartments.
Enjoy comfort and care in our registered 45-bed care home:
- Spacious private bed/sitting rooms with storage.
- Fully accessible, level access wet rooms.
- Dedicated care call system.
- Choice of two dining rooms.
- Communal lounge, garden room and quite space.
- On-site hairdresser.
- Secure sensory garden.
Living at New Lodge: Shared ownership, care and rental options
Shared ownership allows you to buy a percentage of the full market value of a property, from 25% to a maximum of 75%. A cross between buying and renting, you pay a fixed rent on the unpurchased portion.
Enjoy all the benefits of shared ownership:
- Buying a shared ownership property is the same as buying a property outright, in that it will be yours, and yours alone to live in and enjoy.
- The property will be sold to you on a 125-year leasehold basis.
- A monthly rent will be charged by JRHT in respect of the unpurchased portion of the property. However, where a 75% purchase is made, you will not be required to pay rent on the final unpurchased 25%.
- You have the option to buy a bigger percentage of the property at a later date.
- You will be required to pay a service charge, regardless of tenure type or percentage of property owned.
- You will be responsible for any internal repairs to your home, but we will take care of maintaining the building, communal areas and all external landscaped grounds.
Flexible and affordable, shared ownership offers you a great way to buy your next home, with the advantages of releasing cash from the sale of your current property and even a mortgage free retirement.
In order to be eligible for a shared ownership apartment at New Lodge you will need to apply to Help to Buy NEYH( North East, Yorkshire and Humberside) as the regulator of shared ownership. Application details can be found at Help to Buy NEYH here
Available shared ownership properties at New Lodge can be found at here
We offer high quality 24-hour care in our purpose built residential home. Always kind and attentive, our experienced care team provides compassionate support together with personalised care plans incorporating physical, social and emotional needs and preferences of our residents.
With care tailored to individual requirements, each en-suite room is designed to provide all the practical features required for residential care, without compromising on comfort and wellbeing. A comprehensive assessment of your care and support needs would be required prior to joining us.
Further information on the care services we provide can be found at here
There are 70 one and two bedroom apartments available to rent at New Lodge. Eligible applicants will need to complete our Housing Registration Information Pack and meet our criteria. We base our decision on a points system, which includes assessing your current home and how this falls short of your current needs.
Applications for all social rented extra care apartments will be considered by an Allocation Panel comprising representatives of JRHT and local authority partners.
Application forms for renting an apartment at New Lodge can be found here
To find out more about living at New Lodge or to arrange a visit to our show apartment contact us:
Call 0800 5870211
Lines are open: Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm
Email [email protected]