When we talk about sustainability, we mean:
- Social sustainability (affecting people and communities)
- Economic sustainability (financial viability and value for money)
- Environmental sustainability (our impact on the environment)
Our commitment to sustainability involves:
Workplace - Our People
- We will monitor and seek to reduce our energy and water use.
- We are committed to reducing pollution and use of resources.
- We will reduce, re‐use and recycle.
- We will offer incentives for staff and residents to use sustainable transport.
- We will communicate honestly and openly across the organisation.
- We will train our staff on best practice policy and new initiatives.
- All staff will attend equality and diversity workshops.
- All staff will attend sustainability workshops.
Communities - Our Residents and Our Partners
- We will engage with our communities.
- We will encourage and enable our communities to reduce, re‐use and recycle.
- We are committed to building and maintaining sustainable and affordable homes through responsible procurement.
- We are committed to demonstrating and sharing best practice.
- We are committed to creating green and sustainable communities with our residents.
- We acknowledge that we are accountable to our residents, partners and other stakeholders and we will share our progress regularly.