If you wish to transfer into another JRHT property, you need to:
- First, read the 'Transfer housing policy' leaflet (on your right).
- Then, complete steps 2-4 on the Homes for rent page.
Key points to note
- You need to have been a JRHT tenant for 12 months prior to making a transfer application, unless there is a severe medical need or urgent need for a 'management transfer'.
- We assess transfer requests using a points scheme reflecting your housing needs.
- We encourage transfer requests to deal with overcrowding, the need to give or receive family support and for under occupation.
- We will consider transfer requests to help victims of harassment and violence. We call these 'management transfers'. We do not assess them using the point's scheme.
- You should normally have a clear rent account and owe no other housing related debt to us at the date the transfer takes place.
- You should normally have kept your tenancy satisfactorily and have kept the property in a clean and reasonable condition. If a Notice of Seeking Possession (NOSP) or a Suspended Possession Order (SPO) has been served for a breach of tenancy, and is still in force, we would not normally allow a transfer until the conditions of the NOSP or SPO have been satisfied.
- It is a condition of the transfer that on leaving the property it should be in a satisfactory decorative condition, without any repairs for which you are responsible.
For further information please contact the Customer Service Team on 0800 5870211 or email email@example.com